Monday, January 26, 2009

First Hospital Visit

I knew that when they told us that we were having a boy that we would be having our share of hospital visits, but I definitely didn't think it would be this early, and I figured it would be for a broken bone not pneumonia.

That's right, my precious baby boy has pneumonia. Kelly and I brought him to the ER here in town on Sunday night around 6. We walked into a crowed waiting room and I thought we would be waiting forever which worried me since Gage was having a lot of trouble breathing. But this great hospital staff took us straight back to triage and then straight back to a room. The staff has been amazing the entire time we've been here.

Sunday night they did some blood work, chest x-rays, and and RSV test. The blood work came back good and the RSV test came back negative. But the chest x-ray showed to have a little bit of pneumonia in one of his lungs. So Gage was admitted to the hospital late Sunday night.

He's still having troubling breathing. He's working really hard to breath so the doctors are wanting to keep him until at least Tuesday maybe Wednesday. He's receiving breathing treatments every 4 hours to help break up whatever is in his lungs so that he can breathe better.

We would love as many thoughts and prayers as you can give as I'm sure they will all be heard.

I will update with any news that I get.

Of course we have pictures.

Photobucket

His little toe lit up with the his pulse ox light



Gage playing peak-a-boo with Daddy (Isn't his tiny hospital gown so cute!)



Hugging on his Cookie Monster




Thank you to Aunt Stephanie and Mimi for coming to visit and bringing this great balloon.



Thank you Uncle Jeff, Aunt Angie, Heather and Kaley for sending these beautiful flowers!

No comments: