Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 29th Birthday!

Well today was my 29th birthday. My last year in my 20's. It feels weird, I don't feel like I am 25 most of the time. It's hard to believe that life moves so fast the older you get. You would think it would be the other way. When we are young we are so eager to get to a certain age, 13, 16, 18, 21. We wanted life to hurry up and move along faster so we could get where we thought we wanted to be. But now I wish I could slow everything down it's all moving so fast. Here I am married for 6 years, I just had my 10 year High School reunion, I just had my first child, how did we get here so fast. I hope that this year I can slow down just a little to enjoy life. Make sure that I watch Gage in his first year of life with so many new and exciting things he will be doing and experiencing.


So I woke up this morning to check on Gage and in his bed with him was a card that said To: Mom. I started to tear up (dang hormones) as I opened this card.


This is my first card from Gage. It was so sweet of my husband to think of doing this.

Today I spent the day over at my mom's with her and my sister in law Angie and my niece Heather. We had a really good time just sitting around talking. My brother showed up later that afternoon. Gage was the center of attention everyone passing him around getting to hold him. It's so great to see my family with him.

Tonight Kelly and Gage took me out to eat at Olive Garden. I have been craving Calamari since the Doctor told me I couldn't have fried foods due to my Gallbladder acting up. It was so good. For dessert I had a glass of Sangria which was great as well.

Today was a great birthday. Next year we will be celebrating Gage's 1st birthday in September and then my 30th in October. Crazy to think of.

No comments: