Monday, April 16, 2012

T-Ball!!

I know I know....I've been horrible about keeping this blog updated but I really need to start back since Gage is doing so many things now and it all seems to be flying by.

So here we go................

I was running errands a couple months ago and noticed signs had gone up that t-ball registration was starting. I didn't think too much about because I figured that t-ball didn't start until 4 so we would have to wait until next year. But while at a stop light I really got to read the banner and noticed that it was for 3 year old's!!

Gage has always loved playing ball in the house with his "bird" (Cardinal) bat and ball, so I was excited about signing him up. I started talking it up to get him excited as well.

The first practice came and went well.

Gage was pumped to bat and didn't understand why the coach didn't spend all his time working on that. So after patiently waiting through the fielding part of practice, it was finally time to bat.


He was so excited to finally be batting.

And after some coaching he made it on base.

Such a happy kid!

Last week was the Marlins' first game and it was against the Indians. Gage was so excited to get his uniform on and get ready for the big game.

At this age in t-ball they are just learning the basics; how to throw, bat, field the ball and how to play as a team. They don't keep score and only play for 45 mins to an hour.

This the first game I think for most of the players on both teams and it was probably the funnest thing I've seen in a long time. Everyone wanted to catch the ball when it was hit, it was thrown to the wrong person most of the time, some didn't want to drop the bat after they hit it, but at least all of them ran the bases in the correct direction!
At the end of the game they tired to line the teams up to shake hands and say good game but the kids didn't quite get it so they just stood in a clump and did it.

It will be neat to see at the end of the season where they are. Gage loves playing so I'm sure that we will be playing for years to come. Who know maybe he will be a professional baseball player. ;)

No comments: